Friday, October 26, 2007

Autobiographic Incident Narrative

The Cottage

One of the most memorable places that I have gone in my life was the cottage. My Great Grandfather built the cottage in Canada on the shores of Lake Erie. After he died it was passed down to my Grandpa and My Aunt Louis and Uncle Gerry.
As long as I can remember I would go there every summer for a week or two and I would have the best time. The cottage was right on the lake so we would go swimming all the time. We had some of our best times jumping off the dock and into the water. Right next to the dock was the boathouse. It held two canoes and a motor boat. My Uncle Gerry and I would go fishing in the motor boat everyday. My cousin Dave and I would canoe around the lake and go by the huge island in the middle of the lake. We would play football and baseball in the huge grass area in front of the cottage. Inside the cottage there were four bedrooms a living room and a kitchen. In the living room there was the big stone fireplace with the head of Butch the deer mounted on top.
The cottage was the best place to go and left me with so many memories. We ended up having to sell it because no one could take care of it anymore. I miss going there so much and I wish I could go back there one more time.

No comments: